The small intestinal system and the colon both play an important role in your digestive system. Take care of them and life is much more comfortable. The average American diet can wreck havoc on the intestinal system. And an unhealthy intestinal system can lead to a host of other problems.
Small Intestinal System
- Reabsorbs water and electrolytes and sends them back into the blood stream.
- Eliminates cellular waste and toxins released from cells.
- Eliminates digestive by-products and indigestible substances.
- Includes: large intestine, rectum, and anus
- Absorbs water and minerals
- Formation and elimination of waste
- Houses over 700 species of bacteria, some of which are considered friendly bacteria, that produce vitamin B12, Biotin, and K and protect us against harmful some bacteria, virus, and fungus.
Did You Know…
- Your diet directly influences the diversity of microbes in the intestines?
- Undigested meat and other foods cause mucus buildup in the colon? This buildup produces toxins that enter the blood’s circulation?
- Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement causes waste material to build up and become compacted, leading to constipation?
Unhealthy Intestinal System Can Lead To:
- Skin issues
- Occasional diarrhea
- Occasional constipation
- Bad breath
- Occasional gas & bloating
Causes of Occasional Constipation
Causes of constipation can include stress, medication, poor dietary habits, inadequate fiber, dehydration and lack of exercise.
14 Questions to Help Know if Your Colon May Be Healthy
- Do you use tobacco?
- Do you drink alcohol daily?
- Do you exercise less than 3 times a week for 30 minutes?
- Do you eat 4 oz (size of a deck of cards) of red meat more than 3 times per week?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you eat fried foods?
- Do you eat processed meats? (i.e. hot dogs, lunch meat, etc.)
- Do you have less than two bowel movements per day?
- Is your stool hard and dry?
- Can you have a bowel movement without straining?
- Do you delay your bowel movements?
- Do you eat less than 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables daily?
- Do you consume less than 25 grams of fiber per day? (One apple contains 5 grams)
- Do you have a stressful lifestyle?
A Few Standard American Diet Number
- Avg. national daily calorie consumption: 3,770
- Avg. global daily calorie consumption: 2,833
- National overweight and obese children: 33%
- Global overweight and obese children:
- 12% National annual sugar consumption:
- 142 pounds per person National percentage of fast food as part of daily diet: 55%
- Eat more whole grains
- Avoid white bread, replace it with whole-grain breads with at least 4 grams of fiber per serving
- As you increase your fiber intake, drink at least 8 glasses of fluids a day
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are the natural choice
- Slowly increase your intake of healthful foods, allowing your digestive tract to adjust
- Beans are an excellent source of fiber
- Read package labels to compare fiber content
Nutritional Supplements that Support a Healthy Intestinal System
- Nourishes the digestive and intestinal systems
- Soothes internal tissues of the digestive and intestinal tracts
- Contain vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients
- Supports intestinal health
- Supports the intestinal system
- Is an excellent source of soluble fiber
- Encourages regular bowel movements
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels already in the normal range
- 14-day cleansing product that helps rid your body of common colon toxins that affect your overall health and supports natural waste elimination to provide a sense of energy and well-being.
- Gently moves intestinal contents through the digestive system
- Supports the natural, everyday cleansing of waste and toxins from the body
- Break down toxins and undigested food to keep your intestinal tract healthy.
- One capsule digests:
- 30 g Protein
- 30 g Carbohydrates
- 20 g Fat
- Supports the intestinal system.
- Helps to ease and soothe a toxic bowel.
- Provides nutrients that help cleanse the bowel.
- Restores the bowel to a cleaner, healthier state.
- A unique combination of healthful friendly bacteria to help maintain and replenish intestinal supply.
- Each capsule contains 6 billion microorganisms.